. · • Limekilns Parish Church - Our Minister • · .
Norman Grant was ordained and inducted to the Charge of Cairneyhill linked with Limekilns on Friday the 26th of October 1990.
He was born in Perth, but grew up in the Borders town of Galashiels and was educated at Wester Langlee Primary School and Galashiels Academy before going to the University of Edinburgh.
Leaving university after one year of a science degree he took up employment with Gleno Asbestos Ltd. as an Assistant Quality Controller. After eight years in Industry he was called to the Ministry and began his training at New College in the University of Edinburgh. There he gained an honours degree in Christian Ethics and Practical Theology, and a Diploma in Ministry. He served as an Assistant Minister at Barclay Church in Edinburgh before accepting the call to Cairneyhill and Limekilns.
Norman is married to Karen and has three children: Sarah, Eleanor and Jamie, and in April 2014 became Grand-Father to Jack.
Outside family and work his interests include fishing, cycling and a passion for cars (dare we say it? fast cars! (dare! dare!)). He also enjoys music, plays trumpet and cornet in the New Life Band, and reads an awful lot of science fiction.
previous ministers of limekilns parish church
- Revd. Norman M. Grant - 1990 - present
- Revd. R. J. Henderson - 1984 - 1990
- Revd. Dr. William Weir - 1973 - 1982
- Revd. William G. McDonald - 1959 - 1973
- Revd. William J.G. McDonald 1953 - 1959
- Revd. Edward Marr - 1933 - 1953
- Revd. John Ferguson - 1927 - 1933
- Revd. J. MacBride Brown - 1918 - 1927
- Revd. J.E. Henderson - 1907 - 1918
- Revd. J.G. Crawford - 1875 - 1906
- Revd. Dr. William Johnston - 1823 - 1874
- Revd. William Hadden - 1785 - 1820