. · • Limekilns Parish Church - Building Project • · .
The Building Project Steering Group Members:
Limekilns Parish Church
- † Morag Angus
- † Peter Dreyer
- † James Lamont
- † Tom Murdoch
- † Elaine Souter
Ex officio members
- † Norman Grant
- † Dave Souter
- † Charlie Stoddart
Our path towards an upgrade in our building is proving very rough and uneven!
Limekilns Parish Church are delighted to confirm the start of the project to repair/restore our church building.
The work, started on the 29th May, is the culmination of a great deal of work and our grateful thanks must go to our partners and friends in this endeavour.
- † Heritage Lottery Fund/Historic Scotland
- † Our friends in the local community
- † Lord Elgin and his family
- † Our generous benefactors from various other charities
Our thanks to God for bringing us to this point in our journey
Latest news - March 2017
Since the last update on the project I can confirm that we are making good progress towards the start of the final phase; the renovation and upgrading of the interior of the building.
We reported last week to the Church Stated Annual Meeting that:
- 1. New architects have been appointed and are moving forward well with the work. The John Russell Partnership from Coatbridge are on board and have great experience in this type of work. If you get the opportunity to look at the upgrade to Viewfield Baptist Church in town, that was one of John Russell's jobs, and an excellent job they made of it.
- 2. Our QS and Architect have now produced a working budget which is allowing us to go out to Grant bodies looking for our remaining funds.
- 3. In the meantime, we have been awarded our building warrant for the work to proceed.
- 4. Grants have been obtained from All Churches Trust and The Rank Foundation and further applications are in the pipeline. We still have a way to go on fundraising but are encouraged by the progress achieved so far. About 70% secured so far.
See the attached drawings for the details of the work and please feel free to speak to any of the Steering Group if you want an update or have any suggestions. All ideas gratefully received.
We will try to keep you up to speed as things develope. Anyone with any questions or concerns should contact the office or Charlie Stoddart.
I have uploaded plans of the proposed changes. These plans are detailed and have links at the left side which enable parts to be removed so that other parts can be seen more easily. Have a look around using the links below.
- † Location Plan
- † Survey Sections A-A and B-B
- † Survey Sections C-C and D-D
- † External paths and steps
- † Folding Doors
If you want more information then please contact:
Telephone 01383 873337, or
Peter Wilson, Session Clerk
As the project progresses we will keep you informed. This website will be a key source of information as will the church office. The quarterly magazine too will have articles about the work.
Thank you for your support to date and all the good wishes we have received from far and wide.